Douglas Densmore, Ph.D.
Co-founder and President
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Boston University.
- Director of the Cross-disciplinary Integration of Design Automation Research Group (CIDAR) at BU.
- $5M+ in research funding in synthetic biology automation.
- Affiliated investigator in NSF's Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (SynBERC).
- NSF CAREER award winner for Automated DNA Assembly Technology.
Swapnil Bhatia, Ph.D.
- ECE Research Assistant Professor at Boston University.
- Key contributor to projects funded by the DARPA Living Foundries, DARPA Synthetic Biology Seedling, and the NSF.
- Inventor of algorithms for machine learning genetic design principles from screening data; creator of a platform for synthetic biology automation (Puppeteer); lead developer of combinatorial design software (Finch); developer of the TASBE tool chain for synthetic biology; developer of algorithms for de novo sequencing from mass spectrometry data.
Technical and Business Manager
- M.S. Computer Engineering, Boston University
- Contributor to algorithms and user experience for core software projects (Clotho, Raven, Phoenix) in the Cross-disciplinary Integration of Design Automation Research lab at Boston University.
- Recipient of an NSF SBIR Phase 1 award: "Commercialization of Bio-Design Automation Software for Synthetic Biology".
Bryan Der, Ph.D.
- PhD in Biochemistry & Biophysics, UNC Chapel Hill (Kuhlman lab.
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and UNC Pogue Fellowship.
- Computational design and biophysical characterization of metal-mediated protein interactions.
- Postdoc in Biological Engineering, MIT (Voigt lab).
- Computational design of genetically encoded combinational logic circuits.